As a pet parent, you’re responsible for keeping your pet safe and healthy. And there’s no better way to do that than by scheduling regular wellness exams.
Wellness exams are important at every stage of life. For puppies and kittens, wellness exams help ensure proper development. These exams also help us make aging as comfortable as possible for your older pet.
During a wellness exam, our veterinarians will use a physical exam to assess your pet for signs of illness or pain. This exam will include:
- Taking an extensive history of your pet
- Listening to your pet’s heartbeat and breathing
- Feeling for abnormalities, both internally and externally
- Checking their eyes, ears, nose, and mouth
- Checking their skin and fur
- Checking their paws
- Weighing your pet
Our team will make care recommendations based on the results. If we see health issues , we might suggest diet changes, additional tests, or other recommendations.